Date Time

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Re-Painting Props 2



I went and got another frame to try out some other painting techniques. I decided to leave the chalkboard in thinking i would want to write something on it, but my handwriting is not a thing of beauty. Thank goodness for computer art programs.



You may want to refer to my first tutorial with my step-by-step pictures when applying the paint. I had intended doing an antique painting, but it was a little hard to do. Maybe i will try it on another one.

First, base coat the entire frame and pedestal Pure Black. Next dry brush a coat or two of Burnt Umber over the frame and base. Dry brush a couple of coats of Burnt Sienna on the frame and filigree only. Now dry brush a couple of coats of Honeycomb on the filigree only. Notice how well it balances out the colors and frame.

I commented on how much i like using metallic paints. Here on the base i dry brushed a Metallic Pure Gold. Although it's gold, it has more of a brass look to it when dry brushed over black. Notice how much black i let show through. This gives it more of an antiqued look to it. You want to hit the high spots the heaviest with the gold and let your brush bristles feather it into the crevasses.

Last comes my printed out sign. This one will match my Helga's House of Fortunes display.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment